Thursday, October 05, 2006

Inspiration

Tuesday evening, I was wandering on the Quays of the Seine on the Levallois-Perret side when I saw a building under demolition. A striking but rather rare vision in Paris: the intimate encounter of a concrete building and the cranes. Very graphical but yet very beautiful. A stripped building exposed to the inquisitive eyes of the pedestrians, offering surreal stairs with no starting point but endless possible ending points...

The next morning, I went back to take pictures. It's when I understood why I like the vision in the first place. The picture contains the tension forces I used in my own paintings, the same types of camaieu grays, and the overall feeling given by the contrast between the architecture-driven rigor and the hazard-driven poetry.

0 Commentaires:

Post a Comment

<< Home